JOIN US ON SUPER SUNDAY
Sunday, February 3
pickled fresno chili, crispy garlic, white barbecue sauce
crispy shallots, giardiniera, garlic focaccia
mozzarella, roasted garlic cream
Super Sunday Bloody Mary • $10
“Chicago’s Bar Siena, an acclaimed Italian restaurant from Top Chef alum Fabio Viviani, features a small but well-curated wine list of global selections with a focus on Italian varieties.” – Tasting Panel
Compliments of Bar Siena’s Executive Chef, Fabio Viviani
Ingredients for Salad:
8 ounces Spinach (fresh)
8 ounces Brussels sprouts (shaved)
12 ounces Butternut squash (shaved)
4 ounces Pomegranate (seeds)
2 ounces Pumpkin seeds (roasted)
4 ounces Cherry Pumpkin Seed Dressing
Ingredients for Dressing:
2 oz Amarene Cherry Juice
4 oz Orange Juice
.25 oz Black Peppercorn(whole)
1 ea Star Anise pods
1 ea fresh Bay leaf
.5 oz Toasted pumpkin seeds
2 oz Rose Vinegar
6 oz Blend Oil
Salt to taste
1. Mix cherry juice, orange juice, peppercorn, bay leaf, and star anise. Bring to boil, let simmer for 5 min.
2. Remove from heat/strain liquid through china cap, throw away peppercorn, bay leaf and star anise and let
3. In a bowl with a whisk, blend the cherry/orange liquid, vinegar, salt and pumpkin seeds add oil until it emulsifies
4. In a bowl mix spinach, butternut squash, Brussels sprouts and cherry pumpkin seed dressing, toss
5. Add pomegranate seeds and pumpkin seeds.
Compliments of Executive Chef, Fabio Viviani
-for the mac & cheese-
2 lbs dry macaroni pasta (Barilla preferably)
2 cups parmesan sauce (recipe below)
2 cups leftover Thanksgiving turkey
3/4 cup swiss chard, cooked
3/4 cup mushrooms, roasted
3/4 cup parsnips, roasted
3/4 cup fennel, roasted
2 cups of fontina
2 cups gruyere
parmesan to finish
toasted panko to finish
kosher salt to taste
-for the parmesan sauce-
1 1/2 cup milk, whole
2 1/2 tbsp butter, unsalted
1 1/2 tbsp flour, all-purpose
1 1/2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
3/4 tbsp garlic, roasted
3 tbsp ricotta cheese
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp nutmeg, ground
1) Make the parmesan sauce first. Melt butter in the bottom of a pot and then add flour & cook to a golden brown (called a roux).
2) Add milk to the roux and whisk to incorporate. Simmer the milk mixture for 15 minutes until thickened and no longer tastes of flour.
3) Add the remaining ingredients and taste for the appropriate salt level. Set aside off of the heat while preparing the rest of the dish.
4) Next, cook the pasta and place in a casserole dish.
5) Add the remaining ingredients besides parmesan and breadcrumbs into the casserole and mix thoroughly.
6) Bake in a 350-degree oven until hot and cheese is melted.
7) Remove from the oven and garnish with grated parmesan and toasted panko. Enjoy!
“Ex-Bulls Jimmy Butler and Dwyane Wade coincidentally dined at Bar Siena on the same night” – CS Magazine
“Marley Kayden is in the West Loop stuffing her Bomboloni with as much filling as her heart desires.” – Chicago’s Best
CELEBRATE NATIONAL COFFEE DAY WITH US AT BOMBOBAR!
Saturday :: Sept 29
Buy one of our delicious breakfast sandwiches & enjoy a complimetary cup of coffee*!
*restrictions may apply. Valid in-store only on Sept 29, no cash back.